User Experience and the Psychology of Design: Bringing the science into business.
Lead UX Consultant on a number of large-scale client digital transformation projects – worked predominantly in the retail sector, but have also gained client experience within the Insurance, Financial Services and Energy & Utilities industries. Also contributed to several pivotal and high-profile internal business development projects.
– Planning and estimation of UX/Visual design resource for large-sale client projects;
– Designing and crafting kick-off, requirement and ideation workshops with client stakeholders;
– Intensive multi-location user research utilising a variety of scientific research methods;
– Creating initial conceptual wireframes using Balsamiq, Omnigraffle and Axure;
– Recruiting for, organising, and undergoing user testing sessions specific to the project timescales and requirements;
– Comprehensive data analysis and visualisation of user research and usability testing results;
– Wireframes created for mobile (Android and iOS) and tablet apps, desktop sites and responsive design;
– Constantly displaying creativity via impressive ways to display project work, to excite and engage the client, and show on-the-ball problem solving e.g. requirements and scope change;
– Intensive knowledge transfer of wireframes and interactions with engineering/development teams offshore;
– A constant contact for UX or design related queries throughout User Acceptance Testing, ensuring that the User Experience is maintained and never compromised;
– Applying Agile methodologies to UCD quickly and identifying any areas of concern with this process on each individual project;
– Sometimes required to work with external software delivery companies – co-ordinated knowledge transfer of previous design releases and take over of their work;
– Presenting work constantly throughout all stages of the UCD process and gaining client buy-in.
200total visits,2visits today
Having an understanding of basic psychological principles can help to inform good design. This workshop will demonstrate how insights from Social, Cognitive and Behavioural psychology can help to enhance future designs. 200total visits,2visits today